Do you need a new roof? If so, you need to hire the best roofing company around. With that said, below are a few tips and advice that can help you find and hire the best company around.
1. Talk To A Number Of Contractors- In order to establish your price range, you need to speak with a number of roofing companies. Also, the winning bid should be relative to your job’s overall price. If you plan on spending thousands on your roof, then don’t let a difference of a few hundred dollars sway your decision. The more contractors you interview, the better your chances are you will get a good roof at a great price.
2. Check Credentials- Research contractors’ work histories. When you interview contractors, ask to see their licenses and ask them for references. A good contractor will provide you with a few references, which can help you confirm that they do quality work or complete work on time.
3. Review The Contract And Warranties- Don’t sign a contract without reading it closely, and make sure you fully understand what you’re agreeing to. Also, if your new roof comes with a warranty, then make sure you understand what the warranty entails. A standard warranty usually consists of a five-year guarantee on workmanship and materials, as well as 20-40 years on the roof.
4. Make Sure To Cover Your Basis- Before any work begins, make sure your bases are covered. Check to see if a permit is needed before work can be done. Also, make sure all procedures have been followed, if you are submitting an insurance claim.
5. Don’t Pay The Entire Balance- Don’t pay for your entire roof upfront. Most contractors want a deposit or they will work out a payment plan with you. The key is to avoid using cash, so use a credit card to pay for a contractor’s service.
Finding and hiring the right roofing contractor doesn’t have to be difficult. If you know what you’re doing, you can easily find a good contract that charges fair prices and performs quality work. With that said, keep the above tips and advice in mind and you should have no problem finding the right roofing contract to install a new roof.